Hi everybody!
I don't have anything really great to post so I thought I'd just share what I'm working on right now.
I've been going through New Family Search and seeing what has been done and what hasn't. There's a lot of information there. I've occasionally run across some families that don't have some lines done. I've been pretty lucky (if you can call it lucky!) to find that a lot of parish records in England are available online. So I've been searching online records for names and dates.
Right now I'm working in Wirksworth, Derbyshire and the surrounding towns. The Hughes line (Elizabeth Hughes) comes from Derbyshire. Most of the direct line is intact as far as I can find, but some of the branches need work.
Here's some links from England that I've found:
Wirksworth Derbyshire Parish : http://www.wirksworth.org.uk/PR107.htm#2322
Carsington Derbyshire Parish: http://www.dfhs.org.uk/index.php?id=carsington
I've also been trying to fatten the file with pictures and other information. Mabye I should write a book about every family that I search!
It's so much fun to be a detective and add names and dates to my PAF file! It also takes some brain power because sorting out the generations can get a little shifty. I once heard that one of the main purposes of the internet is to facilitate family history work. Boy, do I believe it!
Love you all!
Katie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Katie, who are the people with the Gibson Edition link on the side of the page? By the way, love your family history posts.
Grandad emailed me the link. I haven't investigated it but he would be the best source of answers.
Post a Comment