Thursday, March 6, 2008

New Family Search

I hope you're all as excited about the new family search as I am! Basically, it's a very easy way to make sure that temple work has been done for everyone. It's other main objective is to get people to communicate so everyone doesn't do the same thing over and over...and over again.

Here's the link: https://new.familysearch.org

You can register using your membership number (check your temple recommend or see your ward clerk) and your confirmation date (see your ward clerk). There's an option to see an overview and, if you're in trouble already, a manual that you can download at the end of that 10 minute overview.

Any questions? Just ask! I'm not an expert, but I will be!

3 comments:

peter said...

Great Katie, get us online and talking! We're going to go check out this new family search thing. Thanks. I just got some cool information on the Cheek family that I should share on here. Maybe one of these days...

peter said...

So, I tried to register for the new family search, but our temple district is not on the program yet, so you'll have to let me know how it goes. I'll be interested to hear about it even though I can't use it, yet. But if we move to Muncie and we're in Katie's temple district, maybe we'll get to know then. Katie always gets to do things before me!

Katie said...

I think Salt Lake is one of the last districts to be activated simply beacuse they don't want the sheer numbers to crash the server!